Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Lady Saura, Slayer of Dragons - Chapter Twelve - The Yellow Tail

It felt like days after my battle with Yellow Tail in the skies.

I was weak and tired now that the fight was over,

As he lay on the grass motionless I climbed off of of him and began to stumble away. The adrenaline from the slaying was beginning to fade and I wanted to get back to Princess Luquasia as quickly as possible.

I worried about her, where had she gone, did she try to journey back home alone. did she try to walk back through the outlands. My fears turned to the image of her lying slain in the desert by the hands of some merciless savages who cared not that she was a frightened princess seeking home after the most horrid of waking nightmares.

I stumbled away from Yellow Tail half in another world. I was not yet ready to walk but I had to. I had to get back to her and make sure she knows that Yellow Tail is no more. That she is finally free from that beast of pure evil.

However, determined as I was I could not walk away fast enough to escape that ferocious appendage of Yellow Tail.

The appendage which I have chosen to name him after.

Without warning and with my complete surprise it rose from the rocky sands of the outlands and swung toward me with mighty force hitting me in the arm and knocking me a short distance back into the air then down again into a sand covered rock.

I hear the bones in my arm snap and I can feel the crack of my ribs.

I tried to breath but the pain of my lungs would not allow me to do so. All I could manage was a low wheeze which only caused the pain to grow more.

To make matters worse moving my head to lay eyes on the dragon prove to be even more difficult a pain of intensity seemed to take over my neck.

I laid still. With my back turned to Yellow Tail I could hear him putting every effort he had towards lifting himself up.

I reached towards the sword but it was to far away to grasp. I was defenseless against the dragon and I prepared to meet my end as I heard Yellow Tail take giant breaths mustering the strength to gather fire.

My last thoughts were toward my fallen husband his scarred face coming out of the darkness to rescue me from my caved prison. The eyes of all the dragons I have slain and the faces of the all the princesses and ladies and common woman I have saved from the dragons despite knowing their parents had no coin to pay for their safe return. My very last thought began on Princess Luquasia the latest in a long line of those I have saved but somehow the most impact full.

There was something special about Princess Luquasia. Something that caused the dragon Yellow Tail to break from his nature and pursue her at all cost as if she was his dragon egg stolen from him in the night.

As I lay slumped over, the pain becoming stronger, I closed my eyes. My last thought on Princess Luquasia. I hope she made it home. I hoped she was safe. I hoped Yellow Tail never finds her again. Soon after killing me I hoped he dies and Princess Luquasia goes on to live a full happy life and makes changes that will better this realm forever.

Unwilling to give up I reached once more for the blade but it was no use. My broken body would not allow for it and it was too late already. I could feel Yellow Tail  breathing on my back. In moments I was sure to be engulfed in flames.

It was then that I heard a faint sound in the distance. A sound barley heard by me but seemed to be heard by Yellow Tail in loud volumes.

I tuned my head as slowly as I could toward the sound, careful not to injure my neck further. In the vast distance standing in white amongst the desert sands of the out lands was Princess Luquasia yelling. The dragon crawled past me toward the princess screaming that horrid wail.

The princess continued to yell but I could not hear what she was saying. Was she yelling to me or the dragon.

I could see her walking closer as the dragon limped toward her. He was unable to fly do to the damage to his wings he sustained during our battle in the sky.

I knew then that I had to save her. Stop her from what ever she was doing. After all this I was not going to let it end with Yellow Tail taking her. The dragon was dying and I was going to make sure it finished dying.

I braced my broken ribs, stiffened my neck and let my broken arm hang as I rose to my feet. Breathing was painful but I was determined to rise, grab the sword and make my way towards Yellow Tail who seemed to ignore me in favor of the still yelling Princess Luquasia.

As I stumbled toward the dragon, his golden Yellow Tail swaying in the air behind him, Princess Luquasia's yell began to get louder. I slowly began to understand what the princess was yelling.

"Come, Yellow Tail! Come and take me!"

Princess Luquasia had decided to become brave and show the dragon no fear. A bold choice but I feared it was unwise.

I tried to yell to her but speaking only caused more pain.

It was then that the princess stopped yelling and from behind her back she revealed a rather large sword and with all her might she made a mad dash toward the limping Yellow Tail.

I reached out my hands in great fear. I motioned for her to stop but Princess Luquasia continued to charge.

Yellow Tail tried to breath fire. I could see his mouth widening, his lungs heaving but he could produce nothing. A long trail of blood followed his large scaly body with each step and his wing stretched and flapped horridly.

Yellow Tail tried once more to breath but the princess leaped from the ground to the top of Yellow Tail's head and stabbed the sword right between his eyes. I stopped surprised at this sight and for the second time in a day everything went black.

End of Chapter Twelve

No comments:

Post a Comment